Monday, August 10, 2009

Autocad Sheet Sets

Autocad Sheet Set is one of my favorite features of Autocad. I will always take time to create a sheet set for my projects even if it's just a few sheets. Being able to group sheets together and automatically update sheet numbers, sheet titles, sheet index, make this one of my favorite features. By now most Autocad users are pretty familiar with the concept and process of the Sheet Set Manager so I will not go into that. But I wish Microstation would have done something similar to the Sheet Set Manager, in Microstation XM they added "fields" to the list of new features. Basically the same concept as Autocad fields, you can link them to different file and element properties. But the one thing missing is a central location to edit these fields. You can create fields for just about anything in XM, but if you need to edit or change these fields (which is always the case) you have to go back into each individual file to accomplish this. This could have been a great feature Bentley. Score 1 Autodesk!

No comments:

Post a Comment